Hautecombe abbey - Welcome to Paradise
August 2014: Youth Festival (18-30 year-olds)
Welcoming young people from around the world to Hautecombe Abbey for a week of spiritual training, for prayer, for sharing.
Hautecombe Abbey, which overlooks Lake Bourget in Savoy is run by the Chemin Neuf Community. The beauty of the site and the spacious surroundings of the Abbey make it well suited for receiving young Catholics, Protestants or Orthodox who are looking for a session that will meet their profound spiritual expectations.
- The Youth Mission of the Chemin Neuf Community has, since last year, been developing a new project for a New Evangelisation for young people in France and throughout the world: the Hautecombe Festival Welcome to Paradise 2014
- An ecumenical and international Festival, that will bring together some 2000 young people from all round the world for a week of encounters, training and even holidays!
- With a wide choice of activities, a new approach to content, the possibilities that the festival-goers are given of choosing between workshops, debates, sport, reflection, entertainment... It is a concept that allows the “zapping” approach of the Y generation. A programme that is appropriate and attractive, with some great testifiers and personalities!
Every year, one week in August
The support we need:
- We need 20,000 € to cover the cost of the necessary infrastructure and equipment
- and 6,000 € to help out young people coming from distant countries to attend (to pay for their stay and/or contribute to the cost of their plane ticket).
Joy, praise, sharing, encounters between cultures, plus times to relax are on offer, these are days of blessing!
Agrandir le plan